Paint brushes are an essential tool for any budding decorator. Therefore isn’t it crucial that you choose the right paintbrush for your specific decorating needs? Whether you are touching up a few patchy areas of the house, redecorating your new extension or smarting up your outdoor fence, a quality paint brush can last for years, and believe it or not, even improve with age!
If you’re wondering how to choose the perfect brush set for your next home makeover session, keep reading; we have exciting information for you.
Below are a number of factors to consider when choosing your next set of paintbrushes.
Brush Design Material
- Natural Material brushes – As the name implies, these paint brushes are made directly from animals or plant sources. The natural brush gives a fine finish when used with oil-based paints.
- Synthetic Material brushes - These brushes are made of polyester or a blend of polyester and nylon. Due to their slow absorbent nature, synthetic brushes are more suited for water-based paints.
Paintbrush sets come in different sizes. Suppose you’re looking to paint small surfaces around the house, such as window trims, door handles etc. A 1-inch to 3-inch paint brush will be ideal for the task, as these brushes are small and ideal for decorative painting. However, larger flat areas, like walls, require a 4-inch or 6-inch brush to get the job done in no time.
There are three main styles of a paintbrush:
- Square Cut: These brush edges are straight like a ruler design
- Angle Sash: These brushes are slanted, allowing the brush to fit into the window frame, corners and curved surfaces easily
- Round Sash: These are small-sized brushes, ranging from 20 to 40mm. The best decorating brushes in the UK falls in this category
Here at Leyland SDM, we stock only the best quality paintbrushes and brush sets. Shop our range of single paint brushes or paint brush sets. Seagull, Lynwood and Purdy are some of our top sellers, and we are confident that you will find the ideal brush for the job you have in hand, today!